Wednesday, April 01, 2009

FUTILE

I've missed walking the streets of our city,
with its ever-changing weather,
walking beside you holding your hand
and you holding mine... wrapping my arms
around your careless beauty,
holding your sweet and delicate body...
with all my love and tenderness.

I've missed those January and February afternoons
in which my joy and delight was watching your smile
and listening to your ever-sweet and tender tone of voice
as you spoke to me, gently and with confidence,
about your hopes and wishes that in a sense I share...

I was full of beautiful feelings...
not just mere infatuation with your beauty...
it was way more than that my sweet honey bee,
more than just that... but you didn't get it.

Love is strange on its whirls and turns
for love is a miracle... a miracle it is.
You thought my feeling was not more than mere velleity...
but I didn't lack a wish of obtaining your love...
I think I still don´t but, maybe, it´s just useless to say.

Not that I blame anybody... not that I resent much...
I must accept in my mind, that this miracle was not granted
and your heart might belong to someone else...
I must accept with my mind... yes I must...
But who is going to explain such a thing
to my dullard and stubborn emotions?

Maybe time will...
for I've been futile.
I better start walking...
It's raining again.

-C.

No comments: